international - events
<< back to event listing
Equipping Tutors and Team Leaders
When: 23rd - 25th November 2017
Where: Launde Abbey, East Norton, Leicestershire, LE7 9XB
Time: 10.00 Thursday 23rd - 16.00 Saturday 25th November 2017
Hosted by: PRIME
What is it?
This is a course about how to integrate whole person, compassionate, creative, learner-centred healthcare teaching into PRIME programmes in order to reach the heart and change attitudes. It will largely be set in a cross-cultural context. In order to achieve this, come prepared to be interactive and share your skills and ideas with each other.
Initially, we will concentrate on developing and practising tutor skills. Thereafter we will be looking more at understanding the other qualities that PRIME tutors need - including leadership, spiritual resilience and issues of arranging and running an event in another culture. Whatever your objectives, however, we would encourage you to come for the whole conference, as it will all be relevant to anyone wishing to work closer with PRIME. Above all, we wish you to leave having been inspired, blessed and encouraged and in a position to take up and develop the vision of PRIME into the future.
- To give an overview of PRIME core teaching skills enabling participants to embed a values-based approach
- To develop and practise interactive teaching skills, which are adaptable to challenging situations
- To understand the nuts and bolts of PRIME: how we work as a team and develop partnerships
- Preparing for the event, building the team and developing a programme with spiritual aims and outcomes
- Facing up to challenges and cross cultural issues
To encourage those wishing to involve themselves more as PRIME tutors and team leaders