When: 12 May 2018
Where: St Luke's Crosby, 71 Liverpool Road, Great Crosby, Liverpool L23 5SE
Time: 10:00 - 16:45
Click here to book online.
Click here to see the brochure with further information
To download the PDF, right click on the link above and select 'Save Target As...'
Who is my neighbour in today's global world?
One day an expert in the Law asked Jesus this question -Who is my neighbour?
The way that Jesus answered the question answers a different question altogether - what sort of neighbour should I be? The Levite was a neighbour in a physical, literal sense -but it was the Samaritan who is known as 'good' because of how he responded to the blatant need he was faced with.
Who was the neighbour? The one who had mercy, and Jesus said 'Go and do likewise'.
The course aims to help us:
1. Understand more of God's heart for God's world
2. Consider what it means to be a global citizen as health care workers
3. Consider how we can be a good neighbour to those in need
4. Further consider our own ongoing unique place within God's purposes
5. Find the next steps, or ideas for future service
6. Be inspired by the stories of others, and consider new possibilities
The day will include presentations, group work, learning from and listening to one another, and hopefully enjoying being together with people on the same journey of discovery.
The day will run from 10 am for registration and coffee, and mission agencies will be present. Lunch will be provided and we will close by 4.45pm.