Hello, we are the local CMF group for Exeter! Exeter CMF offers an opportunity to meet with other Christian medical students through all years, as well as local doctors. It is a space to discuss ethical issues, support one another and have a great time in each other's company. This year, we will be having friendly meetups once per month to help us discuss and learn how to respond to ethical issues related to healthcare. Our first meetup this year is September 25th 2017 at Emma and Simon's house (our awesome local F1 doctors). More details will follow on our Facebook page or you can come and find us at the medical fresher's fair.
We have lots of exciting plans for this academic year, including:
• Monthly student get-togethers over dinner at a local junior doctor's house where we will be working through a series of ethical topics using some video resources recommended by CMF
• A termly meetup with local Christian doctors and students where we get to know one another and pray together. There will be a talk on a relevant healthcare topic from a Christian perspective with an opportunity to discuss this with doctors
• One-to-one mentoring with Christian doctors
• We're going to the National CMF Students' Weekend Away in February 2018!!! An opportunity to meet hundreds of other Christian medical students
• Events with other CMF groups in the South West region
Please join if you're interested - it would be great to meet you! Exeter CMF is just two years old and we're really looking forward to growing this year and getting to know even more Christian medics in Exeter.
Matt and Lizzy
Student Link: a medical student who provides a link between the student group and national CMF and is actively involved in running the local group.
Medical School Link: a graduate doctor who supports the local CMF medical student group by being a point of contact for them, and by linking them with other doctors locally and CMF generally, in order to further the aims of CMF (discipleship, evangelism, mission, values).
National Student Council: a medical student and regional representative for CMF working with CMF student groups at each medical school.