doctor's life support
Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. 1 Corinthians 13:4
The Mexican doctor's paraphrase goes on to describe the qualities of love as a medicine.
- * Love is an excellent medicine, it is non-toxic; it does not depress the body's defence, but enhances it.
- * It can be combined with all kinds of remedies, acting as a wonderful positive catalyst.
- * It relieves pain and maintains quality of life at its best level.
- * It is tolerated by anyone; never causing allergies or intolerance.
- * Common medicines come and go. What was considered good yesterday, is useless now. What is considered good now, will be worthless tomorrow. But love has passed all tests and will be effective always.
Help me, Lord, to appreciate the therapeutic value of love
and to incorporate it in all my care for my patients.
Further reading: 1 Cor 13:4-8 (in other version).