- The prophet Isaiah ordered that a poultice of figs be prepared to treat King Hezekiah's illness. When it was applied to the boil, he recovered (2 Ki 20:7; Is 38:1-8; 2 Ch 32:24- 26).
- If you find honey, eat just enough - too much of it, and you will vomit. Seldom set foot in your neighbour's house - too much of you and he will hate you' (Pr 25:16,17).
- When the priest Eli heard that the ark of God had been captured, he fell backwards oft his chair by the side of the gate, broke his neck, and died (1 Sa 4:18).
Know Your Bible 11
- Which group of people were blinded as they tried to besiege a city in order to capture Elisha?
- Which fellow worker of Paul was ill and almost died, as he risked his life to make up for the help that the Philippian church could not give?
- Ezekiel was taken to a valley full of dry bones. What happened to these bones and what did they represent?