- When Barak was reluctant to pursue Sisera, Deborah prophesied that the honour of victory would go to a woman. It did. Jael drove a tent-peg through the enemy commander's head while he was asleep. (Jdg 4:21)
- Aeneas, the bedridden paralytic of Lydda, recovered immediately on hearing the words 'Jesus Christ heals you' spoken by the Apostle Peter. As a result all those in Lydda and Sharon turned to the Lord. (Acts 9:32-35)
- A woman defender of Thebez cracked Abimelech's skull by dropping a millstone onto his head. However, this wasn't the cause of his death. Gideon's renegade son died at his own request when his armour-bearer 'ran him through', thus avoiding the indignity of being killed by a member of the fairer sex. (Jdg 9:50-54)
Know Your Bible 18
- Who decided to attack Jerusalem after examining a liver?
- Who developed 'ugly and painful sores' when 'the first angel' poured out his bowl of wrath?
- Which five biblical characters raised people from the dead?