- In Isaiah 1:5 the LORD says that the nation of Judah's 'whole head is injured'. The reason is that they have neglected justice and the needs of the most vulnerable sections of society (1:17).
- Thoracoplasty was performed in Genesis 2:21-22 when God took a rib from Adam and made a woman from it. Presumably he is the only surgeon in the history of the operation not to have left a scar!
- Gideon was directed by the LORD to take into battle only those soldiers who lapped water from their hands and not those who knelt down to drink (Jdg 7:4-6). Some commentators have suggested that the first group showed their readiness for any emergency in the way they drank.
Know Your Bible 28
- Who suffered sun-stroke when the vine he was sheltering under was chewed by a worm?
- What was made of iron and was more than thirteen feet long and six feet wide? Who did it belong to?
- What medical condition did Asa, King of Judah, suffer from in old age?