- ‘A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.’ In contrast, ‘charm is deceptive’, and ‘beauty is fleeting’ (Pr 31:30).
- Paul prays that Philemon may be active in sharing his faith (which refers to generosity and fellowship in this context) so that he would have ‘a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ’ (Phm 6).
- Like neonates, we are encouraged to ‘crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it (we) may grow up in (our) salvation, now that (we) have tasted that the Lord is good’ (1Pet 2: 2-4).
Know Your Bible 31
- Why is the unreliable man likened to ‘smoke in the eyes’?
- How does a man of discernment react to criticism?
- Which biblical character would have failed his driving test?