What are Catalyst Teams?
For a shareable PDF explaining more about Catalyst Teams click HERE
Catalyst Teams represent CMF in your local area and embody what we are looking to do. Led by a team leader, the team roles are intended to serve the vision as the work moves forward, bounded by the 'riverbanks' of our overall vision.
We desire to see members follow the call God has placed on their lives and use their gifts to serve him gladly. CMF members can apply for roles on these teams according to their interest as well as the needs of the region.
We call these teams 'transformational' because we see them as a place where members grow in their faith and gifts as well as fulfilling the mission of CMF where they are.
But what's so different about this? I thought we already had teams?
CMF has had a regional ministry since its inception. However, we see these new-look teams as a more effective way to make disciples in medicine and nursing. Here's some distinctives:
- Catalyst Teams function as true teams and are designed to be scalable and reproducible across the country. Some areas and regions might be adapted to better reflect the geographical realties
- Teams are led by a Team Leader whose role is to lead the team rather than fulfil lots of different roles
- There is more clarity of vision at a local level - the riverbanks are set by CMF's overall mission and aims but each team can swim within them
- Team members have specific roles that link to area of interest. As they develop across the country, sharing of ideas, training, encouragement can be facilitated
- Team members link both 'in' to a designated member of CMF staff and 'out' to certain roles performed by other CMF members in the region
- Roles are time-limited to two years with a mutual review
- Roles will have goals and accountability built-in
- Roles have a discipleship and growth element, as well as the obvious serving aspect
- Training is offered for each role e.g. an annual Catalyst Teams conference, webinars and online training.
- CMF's database will be accessible by designated team members to enable better communication and data analysis. This will include an Office 365 licence which includes Groups and Skype functions among others.