- According to the prophet Ezekiel, the king of Babylon examined a liver to decide whether or not he should attack Jerusalem. This occult practice is known as splanchnomancy. (Ezk 21:21-22)
- When the 'first angel' poured out his bowl of wrath, those who bore the mark of the beast and worshipped its image developed 'ugly and painful sores'. (Rev 16:2)
- Elijah, Elisha, Paul, Peter and Jesus all raised people from the dead (1 Ki 17:17-24; 2 Ki 4:32-37; Acts 9:36-42, 20:7-12; Jn 11:38-44)
Know Your Bible 19
- What comes out of the mouth, yet is as sweet as honeycomb?
- Which sin is likened to walking on hot coals, and why?
- Which digestive aid, recommended by Paul for Timothy, compares favourably with bismuth salicylate in its bacteriocidal properties?