doctor's life support
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5 (NIV)
`I've got to look good on Prof's ward round today!'
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition ...
`I'm going to talk to him afterwards about his Senior House Officer post, I really am the best applicant!'
`Oh don't bother me now, nurse, can't you see I'm very busy?'
`No, I'm not going to do it, anyway, it's not my job, I am a doctor!'
- ... consider others better than yourselves.
`I just hope he doesn't make a fuss again about that old bed-blocker! (one who occupies a much needed bed).'
- Look not only to your own interests ...,
`It would look good if I could get her transferred before next week!'
- ... but also to the interests of others.
Now read Philippians 2:3-11 (NIV) and ask yourself:
- Am I motivated by selfish ambition?
- Is my work always more important than that of others?
- Am I prepared to be a servant?
- Who matters most? I or my patients?
Thank you Lord that you humbled yourself -- even to death on a cross -- for me. Help me to humble myself for you.