medical school link
Role Title: Medical School link
Reporting to: Head of Student Ministries
- In locality:
- Student CMF leaders
- Members of the CMF student support team *
- CMF Workplace, Local, Church and Specialty Links.
- CMF Regional Team Leader
- Other CMF members and other Christian doctors
- UCCF staffworkers and church student workers
- The rest of the student department and other CMF staff as required
Location: Home based
Time commitments: flexibility to suit the needs of graduate members alongside regular medical work. The role is unpaid.
Supporting the local CMF medical student group by being a point of contact for them, and by linking them with other doctors locally and CMF generally, in order to further the aims of CMF (discipleship, evangelism, mission, values).
- Providing support to the student leaders.
- Providing a point of contact between students and local doctors.
- Where there are other local doctors regularly supporting CMF student ministry, co-ordinating the student support team *
- Providing a link between students and the various levels and departments of CMF.
- Responding quickly and efficiently to communications relating to CMF student work.
- Directing enquiries to the appropriate person (CMF reps, links, staff, team members, CUs and churches).
- Holding a small stock of membership packs and other resources as needed.
- This position may also involve representing members at the General Committee.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Medical Qualification
- Current member of CMF
- Strong Christian faith and commitment to the beliefs, aims and values of CMF
* The student support team is the group of doctors working together to support the CMF student group in their local medical school. Examples of medical school team roles and responsibilities are given in the team members' role description.
Back to links